Daily schedule 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Experienced Administrative professional needed to develop, plan, coordinate, and monitor operational activities to ensure maximum utilization of departmental resources. Responsible for organizational processes. This position is characterized by the frequent exercise of independent judgment within the department and may involve extensive contact with other departments and the general public.
- Personnel and civil service administration
- Departmental budgeting
- Financial record keeping,
- Purchasing and statistical reporting
- General administration of the division or unit
- Supervision may be exercised over clerical employees
- Perform other related work as required
What you need to have
- Ability to implement laws, regulations, policies, practices; ability to plan and supervise the work of others
- Able to present data, reports and comments clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software
- Tact; courtesy; good judgment; thoroughness and dependability
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
Prior experience & qualifications
- Good knowledge of the methods used in the departmental administration of civil service, personnel, budget and financial record keeping
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of office management
- Knowledge of research methods and the fundamentals of statistics; ability to make clear and accurate analyses of facts, figures, processes
- A Bachelor's Degree and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was staff services.
SUBSTITUTION: Satisfactory completion of a Master's Degree* may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
NOTE #1: Experience obtained as an intern in public or institutional administration may be substituted for an equal amount of the required experience.
NOTE #2: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.
**DEFINITION: Staff service functions are generally support or back-up functions to higher-level administrators. This could involve office management; participation in budget preparation and monitoring; payroll and personnel type functions; involvement in the development and/or review of department-wide practices and procedures; evaluating departmental operations; participation in planning; financial record keeping, accounting and management activities; purchasing; public relations, community relations, public information activities; and other similar functions. "Line" functions involved in the delivery of services or in the day to day operations of a department would not be qualifying experience.
*SPECIAL NOTE: Education beyond the secondary level must be from an institution accredited or recognized by the Board of Regents of the New York State Education Department as a post-secondary, degree-granting institution.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 7/28/2021
- 1000 views