Hours: Full-Time (8:30am to 4:30pm – willingness to work flexible hours. Some Saturday work required). The program is open every holiday.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed individual seeking a challenging and rewarding career working in mental health recovery by providing and developing employment opportunities to Clubhouse participants. The Clubhouse is a non-clinical psychosocial rehabilitation membership program providing structure and skills building opportunities for adults with serious mental illness. Provide rehabilitative case management services to adults with psychiatric disabilities and co-occurring disorders within a Clubhouse International accredited clubhouse setting and following the evidenced based model. Assisting with social service needs, including employment, medical and financial benefits, housing, and vocational needs. This candidate will coordinate the employment, wellness and social activities of program members and work side by side with members to ensure the clubhouse's daily functioning. The program is open every holiday.
- Serve as a placement manager for TE (Transitional Employment) placements
- Conduct private employer job development outreach activities to generate Transitional Employment and Supportive Employment job opportunities for Clubhouse members
- Develop and maintain 10 Transitional employment placements at any given time
- Provide support services to members placed in part-time Transitional Employment and Supportive Employment
- Assist Clubhouse members in résumé development, on-line job search, and practicing interviewing skills
- Make periodic job site visits to meet with clients and provide interventions/conferences with employers
- Work side-by-side with Clubhouse members to support core Clubhouse operations
- Core operations include computer program usage, statistical compilation, internet research, fiscal functions, culinary unit related tasks, newsletter publications, petty cash operations, maintenance tasks, office supply inventory, mailings, etc
- Generate member interest in participation in the work-ordered-day and working outside of the Clubhouse
- Assume leadership role in promoting positive outcomes in members’ lives.
- Maintain enthusiasm, commitment, and belief in the Clubhouse International Model
- Provide on-the-job skills training at employment sites for Clubhouse members.
- Help members to identify and use community resources that promote their well-being, independence, satisfaction, and self-sufficiency
- Conduct member recruitment activities to referral sources and maintain accurate and confidential client records
- Compile detailed statistics and complete monthly data reports of development and placement of participants
- Assist the Placement Supervisor with employment meetings/administrative functions related to employment
- Participate on the team for developing and implementing core Clubhouse services required from Clubhouse International and to maintain accreditation
What you need to have
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Access, Publisher
Prior experience & qualifications
- Three weeks clubhouse training at certified training base outside of New York State
- High School diploma required and Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in related field preferred
- Minimum employment experience of one year working with individuals who have chronic mental illness and/or co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders
- An understanding of and belief in the recovery process and the Clubhouse model: sensitivity to the issues of people living with serious mental illness. Strong work ethics, patience and ability to work with a diverse population
- Job development and job coaching experience a plus
This opportunity requires fluency in
Medical benefits offered. Paid leave offered. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
- Posted 11/10/2023
- 485 views