Receptionists are responsible for receiving the general public, clients or other employees, answering inquiries in person or over the phone, and referring callers to the proper staff within the office. May act as lead person for a small group of clerical employees providing back-up coverage. Does related work as required.
- Performing a variety of clerical tasks
- Eliciting the nature of business of a visitor and determining how to best respond in a manner reflective of the department's public image
- Good knowledge of office etiquette and procedures
- Meeting and dealing with people in an efficient and tactful manner
- Carries out work independently, from general instructions
- Using computer applications effectively, such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software
What you need to have
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position
- Neat personal appearance
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
Prior experience & qualifications
- High school or equivalency diploma
- One year of general office experience, including, or supplemented by one year of experience involving contact with the public.
SUBSTITUTION: Satisfactory completion of 30 credits* or one year of post high school education at a college or business school may be substituted for the one year of required experience. NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 11/1/2021
- 193 views