Daily schedule: 8:30 AM — 6:00 PM
Opportunities available for Registration Clerks who will be responsible for a variety of clerical tasks related to the registration of patients in a Health Center or at the Medical Center for tests; or students at the Community College. This involves securing, compiling and verifying data for required forms, records and reports in accordance with established procedures, and the entry and updating of data in an automated information system. Does related work as required. High stress position requiring prolonged standing and walking.
- Registering a high volume of patients 450-1,000 per day for their COVID-19 vaccines
- Working alongside nurses entering patient information into computer systems as nurses vaccinate patients
What you need to have
- Knowledge of automated Information systems
- Knowledge of office terminology and procedures, including the use of simple office machines
- Knowledge of record-keeping and filing systems
- Knowledge of payment processing and account reconciliation
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques required to elicit specific information
- Ability to complete forms and other documents with a high degree of accuracy and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to meet and deaf with people in an efficient, courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to enter, extract and compile data accurately using automated information systems
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate In English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position
- Ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software
- Able to take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
- Must be able to communicate clearly with patients and nurses
- Bilingual Spanish proficiency is a plus
Prior experience & qualifications
- One year minimum of data entry or word processing experience, including or supplemented by one year of experience involving obtaining Information from the general public or students
SUBSTITUTIONS: Satisfactory completion of 30 credits or satisfactory completion of an approved secretarial or business school may be substituted for the one year of experience.
Experience working as a cashier is NOT acceptable experience for this position. ~ Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Education beyond the secondary level must be from an institution recognized or accredited by the Board of Regents of the New York State Department of Education as a post-secondary, degree-granting Institution.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 4/3/2021
- 127 views