Daily schedule 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Skilled and experienced candidates sought to fulfil a variety of clerical duties.
- Operating automated equipment with an alphanumeric keyboard to enter, verify or retrieve data using various formats and source documents in an on-line automated system
- Maintaining office records and files
- Providing information to the public or to visitors regarding office services
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Preparing or processing forms related to office activities
- May provide guidance to lower level clerical staff
- Does related work as required
What you need to have
- Good knowledge of technical procedures used in entering, verifying and retrieving data
- Good knowledge of the operation, use and functions of a standard alphanumeric keyboard on automated equipment
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with others
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position
- Ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software
- Should possess initiative; resourcefulness; tact; accuracy, flexibility, and reliability
- Possess physical condition commensurate with the requirements of the position
Prior experience & qualifications
- Must be well-experienced in filing, creating Excel spreadsheets, mail merge and label-making
- Possession of a high school or equivalency diploma; and one year of work experience involving the use of automated systems
SUBSTITUTION: Satisfactory completion of 30 credits or one year of post high school education at a college or business school may be substituted for the one year of required experience.
*SPECIAL NOTE: Education beyond the secondary level must be from an institution recognized or accredited by the Board of Regents of the New York State Department of Education as a post-secondary, degree-granting institution.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 11/1/2021
- 215 views